Over 500,000 people die in England and Wales each year; including more than 50,000 in the East of England. There is a pressing need for improvements in palliative and end of life care (PEoLC).
This theme will investigate and address:
- Regional and national inequalities in PEoLC provision
- Out-of-hours PEoLC provision
- PEoLC needs of the ageing multi-morbid population
Build on our established collaborations across universities, service providers and practitioners, to ensure grounded relevance, dissemination and implementation of research.
- Engage with the populations-in-focus to undertake research where it is most needed and will be implemented.
- Undertake research on inequalities in service provision, out-of-hours care and multi-morbidity.
- Co-lead a national cross-ARC PEoLC collaboration with Professor Higginson (South London ARC), involving national charities and researchers.
- PEOLC01: Who is (not) referred for hospice care. A systematic literature review and narrative synthesis
- PEOLC02: Anticipatory Prescribing in Community End of Life Care: analysis of national policy documents
- PEOLC03: Anticipatory Prescribing in Community End of Life Care: developing a professional consensus guideline.
- PEOLC04: What circumstances lead out-of-hours clinicians to arrange hospital admissions for end-of-life patients? A systematic review of UK evidence.
- PEOLC05: Supportive and palliative care for people with respiratory problems and pre-existing serious mental illness: systematic search and narrative review
- PEOLC06: Supportive and palliative care for people with respiratory problems and living in vulnerable settings
- PEOLC07: SNAP-CSNAT dyadic intervention in multi-morbidity
- PEOLC08: Development, refinement, and acceptability of an educational intervention for informal carers of patients with breathlessness in advanced disease (Learning about Breathlessness Study 2: LaB2)
- PEOLC09: The CONTINUITY study. Connecting support networks to facilitate improved transfers of care to community settings for people approaching the end of life
- PEOLC10: The changing landscape of anticipatory prescribing practice in community and end of life care in the UK during the covid-19 pandemic.
- PEOLC11: Alternative routes of administration for medication at the end of life
- PEOLC12: Bereavement Care during the COVID-19 pandemic: a practitioner survey.
- PEOLC13: Compassionate Communities: A public health approach to palliative and end of life care
- PEOLC14: Support Needs Approach for Patients (SNAP) piloting within district nursing with older people living in the community
- PEOLC15: Validity of Carer Support Needs Assessment Tool (CSNAT) in COPD
- PEOLC16: Carer support nurse study
- PEOLC17: Occupational Therapy interventions for informal carers
- PEOLC18: Systematic review on carer support needs in COPD
- PEOLC19: Marie Curie Better EOLC Programme
- PEOLC20: CovPall Care Homes
- PEOLC21: Primary Care Covid in CPRD
- PEOLC22: Primary Breathe. Development and Evaluation of a Primary Care Intervention to optimise chronic breathlessness