Over 500,000 people die in England and Wales each year; including more than 50,000 in the East of England. There is a pressing need for improvements in palliative and end of life care (PEoLC).
This theme will investigate and address:
- Regional and national inequalities in PEoLC provision
- Out-of-hours PEoLC provision
- PEoLC needs of the ageing multi-morbid population
We are building on our established collaborations across universities, service providers and practitioners, to ensure grounded relevance, dissemination and implementation of research.
- Engaging with the populations-in-focus to undertake research where it is most needed and will be implemented.
- Undertaking research on inequalities in service provision, out-of-hours care and multi-morbidity.
- Co-leading a national cross-ARC PEoLC collaboration with Professor Higginson (South London ARC), involving national charities and researchers.
Find out about all research projects in this theme