Have you recently completed or are you about to submit your PhD?
Are you a nurse, midwife, allied health or other non-medical health professional working in the East of England?
Are you aspiring to develop your career further as a post-doctoral clinical academic?
For those with a PhD who wish to develop careers that combine both clinical research and research leadership with continued clinical practice and clinical development. The Post-Doctoral Bridging award is designed to support those intending to apply for the NIHR/HEE ICA Clinical Lectureship Scheme or an equivalent opportunity that is relevant to their clinical academic career development.
It offers a grant of up to £14,000 to support an applicant to spend time (up to a maximum of 12 months) developing a funding application including costs of:
• visiting other research institutes
• building research collaborations
• attending and presenting at conferences
• writing up research publications (including open access fees)
• developing training and leadership skills
• undertaking patient and public involvement work
• salary support/backfill for the applicant.
Application Forms and guidance available here or go to www.ClacEast.net
Closing date for applications: 21stMarch 2021
Interview Date: 14th May 2021 (via Zoom)
Start date: flexible between 1st July and 1st November 2021
(Pre-Masters Internships and Pre-Doctoral Bridging applications will open on 15th March 2021)