Would you like a say in the decisions and activities of our health and social care research? We are looking for lay members (patients, service users, carers & members of the public) to join our NIHR National ARC Mental Health and Wellbeing Collaboration.
NIHR National ARC Mental Health and Wellbeing Collaboration
The NIHR ARCs are aiming to deliver national-level impact through significant cross-ARC collaboration. The National ARC Mental Health and Wellbeing Collaboration is one of these national themes, being co-led by the ARCs in the East of England and South London. It brings together key stakeholders from all the ARCs which have mental health research as a key component of their research programme.
We are looking for lay members who:
- Understand the importance of applied mental health and social care research
- Can help develop and shape strategic mental health research across the ARCs
- Can bring a national perspective on patient and public priorities for mental health and wellbeing (e.g. is a member of user-led groups or support networks in the mental health landscape)
- Have experience of patient and public involvement (PPI) in research or health care services
- Can understand and evaluate a range of information and evidence, strategy documents
- Demonstrate strong commitment to equality and diversity.
Have experience and confidence of taking part in group discussions with senior stakeholders
Have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and is willing to challenge where appropriate
Understand the need for confidentiality where appropriate
Are able to participate in formal and informal meetings (either virtual or face-to-face) during the working day
Can commit to at least two meetings a year, with potential for more (as capacity allows)
Are willing to commit to a two-year term in this role
We will carry out a shortlisting process from the expressions of interest submitted. Those shortlisted will be invited for an online interview or over the phone.
Express your interest by: 12th March 2021
Interviews will be on: 18th March 2021
Reimbursement will be offered for time spent preparing for and participating in the meetings. The usual rate for attending is £150.
Full details are available to download in the link below