Community Connections Essex (CCE) Information
Neighbours and local people sometimes help each other.
Getting a call from a neighbour, helping in an emergency or just saying ‘Hello’, can help us to feel happy, well, safe, and that we belong.
Sally Burrows and Clare Hammerton from the University of Essex, and Rachel Williams from Essex County Council want to know what people think is important about their local communities.
Between June 2021 and March 2022, Sally and Clare will talk with people in four local areas, asking:
- How do people help each other?
- How can your local community benefit from increased understanding?
- What do you want to learn about your local community?
- How can we learn more together?
- How would you like to be involved?
This project is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council’s Impact Acceleration Account and supported by the East of England Applied Research Collaboration.
- Clare Hammerton shares information about the project here: https://youtu.be/h7_UCyRfv3M
- This video is to help you to decide if you want to take part in the project: https://youtu.be/VMTW7BOnr2