The CONNECT Study: Stakeholder Consensus Event will bring together researchers and healthcare colleagues to discuss findings from the study and how to go between healthcare and patients experiences.
About this event
The CONNECT study asked how hospital staff could be supported to enhance existing risk management activities used with people with dementia. Constant Observation, e.g. one-to-one support, is when staff are allocated to work closely with patients with dementia identified at risk of harm to themselves or others. Researchers worked with hospital staff and people affected by dementia in three different locations in England to co-design changes to existing practices. Findings demonstrated improved staff-to-staff communication and personalised care by understanding what was possible without generating additional work.
- When: Wednesday 11 October 2023
- Where: Friends House, Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ
- Walk: 10:30am – 15:30pm
Lunch will be provided and we are happy to reimburse travel expenses
This workshop intends to:
- Invite discussion of the findings.
- Consider refinements to the intervention and implementation processes.
- Identify measures of effectiveness at the individual, practitioner and system level of care.
For questions, please contact Melanie Handley, firstname.lastname@example.org