As a result of new ways of working to support health and social care colleagues respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and new national funding, there are now closer working relationships between Eastern AHSN and ARC East of England.
Building on the legacy work of former ARC Implementation Leads, John Gabbay and Andrée le May, Eastern AHSN Director of Delivery, Dr. Sarah Robinson is now the ARC East of England Implementation Lead from April 2022.
The AHSN will support implementing research that shows promise to support health and care challenges in the East of England and building implementation capacity and skills.
Eastern AHSN has a wide range of tools, knowledge, and expertise that we can draw on to facilitate implementation. This includes:
- A deep knowledge of our health and care system – meaning we work quickly to understand how the individuals involved may impact on implementation (through their knowledge and belief about the intervention or their individual stage of change for example). It also means we understand networks and communication; structural characteristics; culture; implementation climate; and readiness for implementation in many of the organisations we work with.
- An understanding of the policy and innovation landscape both regionally and nationally – meaning we understand patient needs and external policies and incentives.
- The skills and expertise to develop an innovation’s value proposition, including developing a good understanding of evidence; cost; relative advantage compared to market competitors; trialability; complexity and adaptability – and analysing this information to create a cohesive case for change and likely return on investment.
- Project and programme management skills to plan for change; monitor, mitigate and respond to risks; manage budgets; and help ensure projects are completed on time.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and existing relationships to get the right people around the table; engage with leaders, champions and change agents to support implementation on the ground; and motivate a team to deliver.
ARC researchers can request support from Eastern AHSN
- Access the support request form here