NIHR ARC National virtual workshop hosted by ARC East of England
This workshop will be held via zoom and a link will be shared after registration.
Date: 2nd March
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
COVID-19 has presented challenges for us all and social distancing has fundamentally changed the way many of us work.
We have had to do things differently including how we build relationships and partnerships between applied health researchers and members of the public to ensure research is inclusive.
This workshop aims to capture and share the innovative and creative ways that together researchers and public partners have created and maintained communication and trust in the context of COVID-19. We hope that sharing such innovations will help to ensure that new ways of working in partnership will be carried forward and make a difference in the post-COVID world.
The workshop will be facilitated by ‘Shaping Our Lives’ a user-led organization.
Sharing ideas on ‘making it different’ will be facilitated by group work and discussion as well as a series of short presentations (5 minutes maximum).
We would like to invite presentation which:
- Illustrate a novel way of researchers and public partners working together to develop research and/or translate findings into practice
- Include input from public partners as well as researchers
- Type of presentation: The format of the presentation can be flexible, eg. a powerpoint slide (one only); a video; music; a poem; pictures, or anything else you would like. We are looking for variety.
- We would particularly welcome presentations that address inequalities
- Presentations should be no longer than 5 minutes
If you have something you would like to share, please send us your plan for a presentation which should include:
- Title of presentation
- Name(s) of presenter(s) and ARC to which you are affiliated
- The medium you plan to use
- 100 words saying what the presentation is about
We will select a number of these aiming to include representation across a number of ARC and a variety of presentation mediums
All presentations should be sent to: ARCoffice@cpft.nhs.uk
The closing date for submission is: Extended until: Tuesday 23rd February 2021